Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Cooking up a storm

Am a lucky girl.....I don't stay with my parents, and yet I come home, almost every night, to a warm home-cooked meal...

nah...I don't have the dough to offer employment to a maid....but I have a hubby who loves to cook!!! handy...eh?!?

Late last Thursday night however, he erhm...playfully hinted "Haven't had your cooking for ages!!!".... to which I muttered "OK, tomorrow's my turn then...kitchen is out of bounds for you!"

Hehhehehe...having been spoilt rotten, I have been sadly out of practice. Used to cook regularly when I was a student in the UK coz:

  1. it would cost me an arm to eat take-away - and money from the scholarship hardly stretched that far anyway;
  2. it was a valid excuse to get away from my books - come to think of it, I was more willing to do laundry and house chores then..hehehe....anything legit (by my conscience's standards) to not pore over boring economics and accounting;
  3. plus working in the kitchen in the bitter cold of winter, when we poor students were scrimping on heating, was pure cosy warm bliss
Anyway, I digress....so what should I cook? I settled for lagasne...haven't whipped that up in ages...but hey, couldn't be that difficult, could it!?? Well...it took 2 hours to make a lagasne good for 6 pax (economics of scale...plus the fact that I didn't own a smaller baking dish)....and voila, here's the end result:


Yeah, yeah...doesn't take a genious to tell that it hardly resembles one....but hey....remember that one should never judge a book by its cover?!? Hubby going back to the kitchen regularly and voluntarily (honestly, he did!) during the entire evening was testimony enough! :)

3 Comments:

At 9:28 pm, Blogger Aurora said...

If it's any comfort, good looking does not equal tasty food :)

 
At 10:20 am, Blogger Juan said...

It actually looks pretty alright ;)

 
At 5:11 pm, Blogger munsta said...

ahhaha....it looks like cafeteria/ prison food slopped on a plate! OK...maybe prison food isn't that colourful....tsk tsk :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home