Thursday, December 21, 2006

Much Ado Over Nothing

Tendering my resignation was a surprisingly exhilarating and satisfying experience indeed.

Addressed to my CFO and cc-ed to my direct boss and the HR director, I hand delivered the letters to their respective offices. CFO and boss are currently on leave, but the HR director called me for a chat 5 minutes after I left the letter with her secretary.

Yes I am sure that I want to resign and nope, my mind is made up. And yet she insists on getting the CFO to come into the office tomorrow morning to talk to me.

But why?? it's not like it matters, plus, considering my last day at work will be in mid-Feb, there is little difference in him seeing me tomorrow rather than when we both get back from our leave after the New Year

I do genuinely like my CFO and boss and had hoped to let them enjoy their much deserved year-end break, blissfully unaware of this development. Unfortunately, there is this small matter of notice which I need to serve this week or else.....

Oh well, what to do?

2 Comments:

At 6:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hardest part of any resignation is the five minutes before, I reckon. Congrats! Hope the future brings you much promise and joy!

 
At 12:38 pm, Blogger munsta said...

Thanks for the well wishes! I am looking forward to 2007 indeed! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home