Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sociable me

I was roped in at the last minute to attend a subsidiary company's meeting and was marginally late as I had been entasked to make copies of some presentation slides.

Everyone was already seated when I gingerly pushed the conference room door ajar. All heads tilted towards me as I tried to tiptoe my way into the room as inconspicuously as possible.

The tax consultants were the first to break into smiles, chorusing in unison with a cheerful "Hi!". My ex-colleagues had not expected that I would be there. Neither was I aware that they were handling tax matters for my subsidiary either.

The audit managers were next to get over their surprise and one girl even grinned and waved goofily at me over the conference table. Ah....another few acquaintences I'd made in some social outings. Definitely weren't expecting each other either!

And as all these brief exchanges were going on, my Chief Financial Officer looked on with amusement whilst my General Manager's face twitched in bewilderment as to how I could possibly know more people in the room than her!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home