Saturday, May 27, 2006

Corporate manipulation

During the week, I felt I had enough. Freedom is but 9 months away and I was scheming my exit strategy from current employer. I was tired of having to put up with a boss who was perpetually in a PMS mood. Tired of having to deal with nincoompoops who require a follow-up e-mail and phone call per day, and yet 3 months down the line...no action is taken yet. Tired of cleaning up other people's messes. Tired of having to help others, only to find out a week down the road that the assignment is now a permanent fixture on my portfolio of responsibilities. Feel sooooooo exploited.

Anyways, talks have begun. Am working out the numbers, as well as strategising timing of execution.

And what happens? Employer surprises me out of the blue on Friday...suddenly life isn't so bad anymore. Noooooo....greed vs desire.....

Hubby laughs and tells me to give it 1 week and the feel-good effect of $$ will evaporate into thin air. There will be reminders aplenty as to why I should leave.

2 Comments:

At 1:22 pm, Blogger Aurora said...

Same thing happened to me once. I had a choice, and picked $$$ over pipe dream. Yes your hubby is right. The feelgood effects will wear off. I still stuck it out anyway, for another 3 years. Guess what, those additional three years bought me my ticket to freedom.

I don't know if the same thing will happen to you, but this I believe - when it's time to go, you'll know. An old friend told me this once, don't make decisions in a rush. Best advice he ever gave.

 
At 7:48 pm, Blogger munsta said...

sigh...decisions decisions decision :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home